Thursday, July 14, 2011

The end of Harry Potter


I can't believe the last installment of the Harry Potters movies comes out tonight! It still feels like just yesterday I was sitting in a Borders with my friends waiting for the midnight release of the 5th book. This series has made a huge impact on so many people. In High school as many of you know I was a bit of a nerd, but it was ok because all of my friends were too. We went to every midnight release of book and movie. Now that the final one has come we are all coming back together for the last hurrah. What we started together we now get to finish together. It is amazing to see how far we have all come in this time. I think I read the first book freshman year of high school. I remember my brother coming home one day and telling us about these books his teacher had recommended. He doesn't read and she thought these might keep him interested. At the time only books 1 through 3 were out. Well it worked within a couple weeks my entire family had read all three and we were waiting with abated breath for the next one. It was around book 4 that the  Harry Potter craze started. And man did that craze heat up. I went to the book release of the 7th one. I kid you know there must have been 500 to 1500 people waiting to get that book at just the Barnes and Noble we were at. There were so many people they had to call int he police to rope of the parking lot and contain us in a certain spot. It was pure mayham and insanity. I loved every second of it! I love seeing all the people. The best part of these events is the people watching. What costumes will show up, who will do something crazy. I'm hoping for some great stuff tonight. Well Its time for a quick nap and off to the show! I hope everyone enjoy it!

No comments: