I posted a picture of the Leek soup I was working on. I had a request for the recipe so I decided to share it on here.
|The Mis en Place|
Katie's Potatoe Leek Soup
2 Leeks- the white and light green parts
5 baby potatoes
4 baby carrots (you can use regular carrots also)
1/2 yellow onion
3 garlic cloves
2 Chicken Breasts
1 Bay leaf
1 1/2 quarts Chicken stock or broth
1 cup Heavy cream
1/4 Cup White wine
Salt and Pepper
1. Chop up all your vegetables. save 1/3 of your potatoes and dice up into even pieces.
2. in a large pot heat just enough olive oil to coat the bottom. When hot add your Onions and sweat them down for a minute then add your garlic and 2/3 of the potatoes. cook for another minute before adding your carrots and leeks. Let this all cook down for 1 to 3 minutes as high heat without burning.
3. Salt and pepper both side of your Chicken breast and add to you pot.
4. Pour in your white wine to deglaze the bottom of the pan.
5. Add you chicken stock.
6. Add in your bay leaf and season with salt and pepper to taste.
7. Let this come to a boil then reduce to a simmer and simmer for 30 minutes until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
8. Remove Chicken breast and set to the side. Blend remaining soup up until smooth.
This can be done easiest with an immersion blender if not a blender works.
Add in the heavy cream while blending.
9. Return to heat and add in the remaining 1/3 potatoes that are diced. Also shred the chicken breast and return to the soup.
10. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes until the potatoes are cooked all the way. also add more salt and pepper if you desire.
11. You are now ready to ENJOY!