Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Fall is finally here !

         So I guess I have to accept the fact that fall has arrived and very soon the weather will be cooling down. This always make me a little sad. I love summer and the heat, It's my favorite season.

However there are a few things about fall that I love. For one Halloween. The one time a year I can dress up as something silly and just be a kid! Also who doesn't love carving pumpkins.

Another fun part of fall, are all the different foods in season. Robert and I recently started getting a farm box delivered to the house. We use Farm Fresh to You. Every other week we are get a box full of organic and local fruits and vegetable. The box has been forcing me to get back to finding creative things to cook for dinner. Not just the boring chicken with potatoes or pasta. This week we got leeks and potatoes so I'm going to make us soup. I haven't taken the time to make soup at home in forever. I  can't wait! We also got a sugar pie squash, I have no idea what to do with it yet, but I'm sure something fun will come around. I have never actually done anything with one before.

Our farm box this week

I can't wait to see what else we get in the coming weeks. Hopefully some more creative meals to come. I will post them here when they happen.
If you have been thinking about a farm box, or have never even heard of it before, I suggest checking out Farm Fresh to You. There are so many different options to choose from too. You can do all vegetables or just fruit. We get the smallest mixed box they offer. It's $26 a box unless you customize it and add more. I think this weeks was $27. It had everything pictured above plus 2lbs of bananas and 2 more pears and apples.






Have a great week everyone,
                             Katie

No comments: